When you register on the database you create a PSC account, that once activated gives you access to training materials , our PSC forum, and GBT data. Your log-in information will work on the two websites we use: pulsarsearchcollaboratory.com, and psrsearch.wvu.edu
Educators: To register yourself and your team on the database…
- Go to http://psrsearch.wvu.edu Register by clicking the “Teachers” button
- Choose your own login information and select your school. If your school is not in the list choose “Other” and add your school
- Your account will have to be activated before you can log in.
Once you’ve been activated and can log in…
- Log in! You will see a message asking you to upload a letter from your school principal.
- Create a team by typing a name under “add teams” and then clicking “submit.” You can name your team anything you want.
- Students register at http://psrsearch.wvu.edu by clicking on the “students” button. They will select their school and team.
- Teachers will activate students by logging in and choosing the team name from the list. Teachers should do this AFTER they have received consent and assent forms from their students. Teachers will then be taken to a page with three columns: “Consent form received”, “Student left club”, and “Choose team leader.”
- Every name in the “Consent form received” column should have a button next to it. Click that button and then click “submit” to activate a student.
- The student can then log in using the information they provided.